REGULATIONS, AND GUIDELINES
21st Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
University of North Texas, Denton, TX
A. General Regulations
- Exhibit management will provide security personnel during the hours the exhibit is closed. However, exhibitors are solely responsible for their own materials and should insure them against loss or damage.
- Exhibitors must staff booths during exhibit hours with individuals who can effectively explain all products and services on display. Each staff member must wear an official exhibitor identification badge.
- The BCCE reserves the right to modify exhibit hours and relocate exhibits as necessary to meet program needs, fire marshal restrictions and local codes.
- Exhibitors agree to confine all sales-related activities in the conference area to their assigned booths. Social affairs arranged by exhibitors must not conflict with program events.
- Exhibitors agree not to dismantle or pack up their displays before the close of the exhibition. The BCCE will assess a $200 fee to any exhibiting company that dismantles, packs, or abandons its booth before takedown time.
B. Construction and Arrangement
- Exhibits must not project beyond the space allocated or obstruct view of the exhibits of others. Reasonable effort must be made to provide space within the confines of the booth for demonstrations and distribution of materials, so that visitors do not obstruct aisles.
- No construction in booths will be permitted to exceed 44 inches in height, except in the back half of the booth, where construction shall not exceed eight feet. Construction above 44" must begin at least three feet back from the aisle line.
- Any unattractive part of an exhibit, such as unfinished sides or end panels, must be draped at the expense of the exhibitor. The BCCE reserves the right to have such finishing done, billing the exhibitor for charges incurred.
- All decorations must be flame proof. All hangings must clear the floor. Exhibits must conform to electrical safety rules and fire safety regulations.
- Nothing will be posted on, tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to the columns, walls, floors, ceiling, furniture, or other property of the exhibit facility. Exhibitors and their agents shall not damage or deface the walls or floors of the exhibition area. If such damage occurs, the exhibitor is liable to the university for property so damaged.
C. Space Limitations
- No exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without knowledge and consent of the BCCE. Exhibitors must show only goods manufactured or dealt in by them in the regular course of business. All exhibits, interviews, demonstrations, and distribution of materials shall be confined exclusively to the assigned booth and must be relevant to the products/services of the exhibitor and shall not be made primarily to attract or amuse. Sufficient space must be provided within the booth to contain persons watching demonstrations and other promotional activities. Each exhibitor is responsible for keeping the aisles near its booth free of congestion resulting from its demonstrations or other promotions.
- Musical instruments, radios, sound motion picture equipment, CD players, or any other noisemaking machines shall be operated only at a sound level that will not interfere with other exhibitors or add unduly to the general background noise level.
- Distribution of items other than literature describing the company's products/services is discouraged. Such distribution is not prohibited, however, if it does not violate standards of good taste or tend to introduce a carnival atmosphere.
D. Operating Restrictions
The BCCE reserves the right to restrict exhibits, which because of noise, odors, fumes, method of operation, materials, or any other reason, become objectionable and also to prohibit or evict any exhibit as a whole. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character that the management determines to be objectionable to the exhibit. In the event of such restrictions or eviction, BCCE management is not liable for any refunds of rentals or other exhibit expenses.
The exhibitor must surrender the occupied space in the same condition as when it was received at the commencement of occupation. The exhibitor shall assume all responsibility for damage to the exhibit hall by reason of their exhibit and shall indemnify and hold harmless the exhibit facility, BCCE and their representatives for all liability which might ensue from any cause whatsoever arising out of the exhibitor's participation in the exhibit or in conference activities. The exhibit facility, BCCE and their representatives will not be liable for injuries to any person or for damage to property owned or controlled by the exhibitor, which claims for damage or injuries may be incident to, arise from, or be in any way connected with the exhibitor's occupation of display space. The exhibitor, on signing the contract, expressly releases and indemnifies the aforementioned from any and all claims for such loss, damage, or injury.
Cancellations in writing will be allowed up to March 6, 2010 with a $50 fee. For cancellations postmarked after that date but before April 21, 2010, a fee of $150 per booth space will be assessed. After April 21, 2010, no booth fees will be refunded unless the 21st BCCE is able to resell the space. Canceled space will not be resold until all space for the Exposition has been sold. If booth space is not occupied four hours prior to the exhibit opening, management shall have the right to use the space as it sees fit. No refund will be made in this case.
Exhibitors must provide all services that they customarily require. All contractors must work in conjunction with hosting facility staff, and must obey and follow all restrictions. Services for additional furniture and labor is at the exhibitor's own expense. Exhibitors will also need to provide their own extension cords. A site coordinator will be available to answer questions and direct service providers.
I have read and agree to abide by the above rules and regulations and to those found on the general information page for exhibitors.
Click to download a PDF of the Exhibitors Contract.
Please FAX the PDF document to 940-565-3801.
Updated: February 21, 2017